Saturday, February 2, 2008

Looking for the trail

After months of inactivity, Abby and I found ourselves enjoying the blessing of warm winter weather. We loaded up our bikes and the dog and headed south towards Okmulgee to find some trails the Oklahoma State Parks website was advertising. To our dissapointment there were no such trails, at least we couldn't find the trailhead. We explored the park, and yet came up empty handed as far as trails go. I think Abby was relieved.

One thing I did discover though. We were sitting by a lake, presumably Okmulgee Lake enjoying the stillness of the day, the lack of traffic noise, and the pristine waters when I realized how I needed such trips. I live my life driving through traffic, sitting through meetings, and working out of a windowless office. I must be outdoors! Getting away for an afternoon, even if it was still inactive was good for my soul.

No comments: