Saturday, January 26, 2008

Back to the autoshop

Several weeks ago an ice storm destroyed Tulsa. Part of that destruction was a mirror knocked off my car. Since that happened I was able to get my damage appraised for much more than it actually was, and then I was able to get my windshield fixed for free. I left my car at the autobody shop to get the mirror and windshield fixed, but for some reason the only thing that got fixed was my windshield. Somehow my mirror was not attached. So, I didn't pay for the repairs until they finished up the work. I had to go out of town the next week, but once I was back in town I set up an appointment to get my mirror fixed for them to finish their work. I was scheduled to go in two days, but as I was driving down the road I couldn't see a car coming up on my driver side, because of the missing mirror, and I ran into them in their lane. Of course, it was an Asbury member.

So, I returned to the shop to get my car appraised and to see if they could fix it when the mirror was supposed to be fixed, and the saddest thing happened. I was somehow remembered at the shop because it had been that soon. They greeted me by name and even made small talk with me like I worked there. Its never a good sign when the autobody shop knows you by name.

No comments: