Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Get Smart

Saw Get Smart this weekend. I wasn't really wanting to see this movie, but it is Steve Carell so I thought I should give it a chance. The thing is I recently watched Evan Almighty on one of the free movie channels I get with my dish, and I had to redeem that movie from the awful acting and writing. The previews for Get Smart made the movie look pretty funny, and so my expectations were somewhat high, but nothing like they were for Indiana Jones. My friend, Lauren, says that you can tell how good a movie will be by how many trailers you see for it on tv. I've seen a lot for Get Smart. And by watching all these trailers I think I saw all the funny parts. There may have been a few other laughs that slipped in, but not many.

I wasn't hoping for this fresh comedy that I would experience from say Thank You for Smoking, but I was at least expecting to be entertained. I did pay $8.25 for a ticket. I was pretty disappointed though. At one point I had to go to the bathroom just to give myself a break. It wasn't just that I wasn't entertained, I was flat out bored! The jokes were predictable and not delivered with the same sharpness of Steve Carell that I've seen from 40 Year Old Virgin or Bruce Almighty, or even Anchorman. It was rough, and boring.

No comments: